Access to Sites
The inclusion of locational information in the Inventory of Historic Battlefields in Wales does not imply any right of public access to that site or monument. Most are on privately owned land, and permission must always be sought before any are visited.
Information contained within the Inventory should not be used for purposes that damage, or could lead to damage to, archaeological sites, historic buildings and landscapes. In particular, Scheduled Monuments, Listed Buildings, Registered Historic Landscapes, Registered Parks and Gardens, World Heritage Sites and Protected Wrecks are legally protected, and it is illegal to damage them. In addition, works affecting them should not be instigated without the relevant permission.
Information relating to Designated Historic Assets in Wales can be found on Côf Cymru – National Historic Assets of Wales, an online service that has been developed by Welsh Government’s Historic Environment Service (Cadw). This displays depictions and associated record descriptions of Designated Historic Assets in Wales.
1. You agree that you shall not take any action to upload, post, e-mail or otherwise transmit Content that:
(a) infringes the intellectual property rights of a third party;
(b) is known to you to be untruthful or inaccurate;
(c) amounts to an actionable breach of confidence or an infringement of the rights of privacy of any third party;
(d) is obscene or defamatory of any person;
(e) involves you in the impersonation any person, collective or entity without their consent;
(f) falsely states or otherwise misrepresents your affiliation with any person, collective or entity;
(g) trivializes, sensationalizes or demeans either any person, subject or organisation associated with the Content;
(h) violates any law or regulation of England and Wales or is otherwise inappropriate.
2. You agree that you shall not remove any digital watermark, credit line or any other technical protection measure used in associated with the Content.
3. You agree that you shall not hack, interfere or remove Content held by the Inventory.
4. You agree that if we as moderator, at our sole discretion, consider that any Content added to the Inventory by you infringes any of the provisions of term 1. above, it will not be made live or viewable to users of the Inventory.
5. You agree that information you submit will only be uploaded in the language of submission.